Recently Erin Donovan ‘20, Advancement Intern, sat down with Class of 2021 Salutatorian Declan Pennese to discuss his time at O’Hara, his future plans, and any advice he would like to pass on to future lions. Here’s a recap of their discussion.
- Where did you go to elementary school and what is your Parish? I attended Saint Francis of Assisi in Springfield.
- What activities did you participate in here at O’Hara? Did you hold any Leadership positions for any of these activities? I am a Co-Captain of the Ultimate frisbee team, as well as a member of swimming, theater, choir, Lion Connections, Community Service Corps, National Honor Society, and Lion Ambassadors.
- Do you have any advice for the class of 2025? My advice for the class of 2025 would be to make a calendar for yourself and break big projects into pieces.
- What is your favorite quote? “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.”-Marie Curie
- What is your greatest O’Hara Memory? My greatest O’Hara memory is raising 100 thousand dollars for our Danny Hammond Dance Marathon.
- Are there any people or classes that have had an impact on you? Mr Youngblood’s Philosophy/Theology class had an impact on me.
- College Plans: What colleges did you get accepted to? What is your college destination and major/minor? Honors program? Anticipated activities? I was accepted to College of Charleston, Dickinson College, Lafayette College, Loyola University Maryland, Marymount University, Neumann University, The Catholic University of America, University of Pittsburgh, and William & Mary. I will attend The Catholic University of America majoring in Biochemistry and as a member of the honors program. I plan to participate in intramural frisbee, swimming and possibly Crew.
Congratulations to Declan on all of his achievements here at O’Hara and for all that he has contributed as a leader in the school. We are proud to call him a Lion for life!